|A fractured writing table from my tables series #workinprogress.|
The writing institute at the Atlantic Center for the Arts picked up again this morning. Today change came to the table. We had a change in facilitators. Today, soon to be Doctor Frankie Huff, led us through our drawing, writing and thinking sessions. The writers and artists working here had the weekend to create (no classes/workshop)--I was gloriously productive, but that is another post. We got back to the writing work this morning with another literacy quadrant.
Here's what I wrote first:
After lunch we were asked to revisit our drafts with these five questions in mind:
- Why is this issue important to you?
- Why is this problem worthy of exploration on a personal or professional level?
- How can you frame the issue as a question?
- Why do you think there has been no reasonable solution?
- What solutions have been offered that may not have worked well enough or at all?
We were tasked with researching our issue and rewriting our drafts. I dove in. Searched and clicked and wrote. Here's what I've woven together for a second draft of this piece.