Sunday, March 2, 2014

Sunday: Get Set

Serve up your own slice or find a second helping
at Two Writing Teachers
My students are taking turns writing and posting each day at 31 students, a blog we created for the Slice of Life challenge. Today, Faiza lead with a Sunday slam. I know, Sunday is just another way to say Monday Eve for my students.

Still, I love a Sunday afternoon.

"Honey, I love 
I love a lot of things, a whole lot of things"

Like, slow days, Sundays. Sundays are sleep in past sunrise days. Savoring coffee and breakfast at the table mornings. Sundays make me feel like anything is possible--the world waits and I can just watch if I want. No doing needed.

I do on Sundays too: food prep, lesson plans, sometimes laundry. We get ready for the week, but mostly we slow down and enjoy each other and the day.


Today I juiced veges, prepped a big winter-blend salad (cabbages, brussel sprouts, broccoli shred and carrot). This Sunday's treat is a steak dinner with a sweet potato gratin I'm trying to copy from The Girl and the Goat. We'll see how it comes out. Sunday is dinner with family and stories and 60 Minutes and maybe one more book.

Monday will be here soon enough.

17 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great menu! No matter how slow we take the weekends, it still seems like they go faster than Mondays. You are right - Monday will come soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love "seeing" another Leigh Anne. Dinner was delicious, if I do say so myself. I hope you have a great evening and even better Monday morning.

      Delete
  2. love lingering in the am on Sundays, breakfast, coffee and newspaper...and family dinner...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made some extra potatoes to share for our Monday lunch : )

      Delete
  3. Yum, Lee Ann, such a nice slow Sunday, no Oscars in your radar? I'll try to read a few of your students too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda, I know the students will be a buzz about comments and readers tomorrow. I should watch more TV, but I tend to hand the remote over to the men of the house. No Oscars on their agenda, I'm sure.

      Delete
  4. Sundays have always been one of my favorite days. Thanks for sharing your Sunday rituals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sundays are the best! That is my day to wake up naturally without the alarm. I think it's great that your students are slicing too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natural wake ups are the best, aren't they? Thanks for stopping by and joining in the slicing fun!

      Delete
  6. I also love Sundays. Your dinner sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a great slow Sunday too. Sounds like you had a great day. It seems all of us have to do some Sunday planning.
    Sarah
    Visiting from SOLC
    Teaching Under a Rock
    http://www.teachingresourcesfortheclassroom.com/slice-of-life-challenge/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah, I trust you had a delightful Sunday too! Thanks for stopping by and connecting.

      Delete
  8. I love the slower pace of Sundays, especially today when the weather cancelled everything. I took the time to make my husband's favorite soup for supper--the one that takes hours of chopping and stirring and adding but is oh so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kay! I must know the name of that soup! I love the "oh so good" things that take a bit of time but are worth the pay off in taste and deliciousness.

      Delete
  9. So who knew that of my quick search of #sol14 that I would run across your Day #2 post after our #satchat interaction the other day! Small world! And in your post I feel like I have found a kindred spirit. Sunday is my preparation day. My day to juice that kale I bought, to write, to drink more coffee than I should. I am so glad that I stumbled upon your post and look forward to more throughout the month!

    @jenniferward

    ReplyDelete