Friday, March 21, 2014

Movie Maddness

March maddness may be in full swing, but I'm over the moon for movies this month. This afternoon we're heading to see Shailene Woodley play Tris in Divergent.



Media from NPR to Nerdist News has my son and my students hyped, me too. One thing I've noticed about language reporters are using when talking about the film is how Woodley is walking into a "big franchise." I don't think of films, nor books, as franchises, so that language has put me off a bit. Still, these series are franchises, right? Merchandise, books, movies, fan events. Near infinite revenue streams it seems.

I swung by home to pick up the family after school. My sweetie drove, so I bought mobile tickets on the way using the Fandango app, no line, no kiosk just scan the QR code and we're in. 

The movie's about to start. See you on the other side!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous! I'm not even sure when/if it's playing here. I've heard such good things already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I haven't read the book yet, I am wondering if I should wait or just go see the movie....

    ReplyDelete